28 Sep 2018 Assets under Management in Europe rose to EUR 25 trillion in 2017
Total Assets under Management in Europe increased to EUR 25.2 trillion in 2017, a hike of 10%. Of the total AUM, 52% is managed by European investment funds, the remaining 48% are discretionary mandates.
Institutional investors represent the largest client category of the European asset management industry with pension funds and insurance companies representing more than 50% of total AUM.
Most of the capital is allocated to bonds (41%) and equity (31%).